Terms and Conditions
To rent a car from ESCAPE, the renter must:
• Be over 23* years of age to qualify and have a valid driving license issued at least one year ago.
• Have a valid Greek, European (for E.U. countries) or International (for countries that don’t belong to E.U.) driving license.
• Have a personal credit card.
* The renters aged between 21-22 will be subject to Young Drivers Surcharge by paying the amount of 20,00€ daily
Vehicle collection – Warranty
• When collecting the vehicle all renters need to bring:
1. A valid driving license.
2. A personal credit card.
Third party credit cards are not accepted unless there is a written validated authorization.
3. If the renter does not hold a credit card, he can only rent a car provided he has taken the Collision Damage Waiver insurance (C.D.W.) and pre-paid the whole rental value as well as the guarantee deposit of 300,00€
• The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be refilled prior to car return, otherwise a charge of fuel* in addition to refueling fee of 10,00€ will apply.
• When collecting the vehicle, the renter will be given a Rental Agreement which has to check and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the renter might request with their relevant charges.
• It is very important that the renter checks and reports any means of damages on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter. The renter has to sign at collection/delivery a form for damages on the vehicle.
* Depends on the valid average fuel cost.
All ESCAPE vehicles are insured:
1. against liability to third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 1.000.000,00€ per victim
2. material damages to third parties (excluding the ESCAPE vehicle) up to 1.000.000,00€
3. for fire of the ESCAPE vehicle.
If the ESCAPE vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter’s culpability or negligence, the renter will be liable, up to the total car’s commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.)
The renter can limit his responsibility for his legal share in any damage of the vehicle: a) to 500,00€ by paying the amount of 15,00€ per day
provided that traffic laws where not contravened (i.e. violation of red light or STOP sign, illegal overtaking, driving under the influence of alcohol etc)
Full Damage Waiver (F.D.W.)
The renter may waive the above deductible amount reliability of 500,00€ by paying in addition the daily amount of 10,00€ (totally 25 €).
Note: None of the above insurances cover damages caused by violation of the Greek traffic law, as well as damages to tires, mirrors, car parts underneath the vehicle and in the cabin.
Theft Protection (Τ.P.)
If the renter accepts (and signs) the relative contract terms, he disposes of the responsibility for the theft of the car by paying the additional daily charge of:
Note: Theft Protection (T.P.) is not valid in case of driver’s negligence
Collection / Delivery
• Night / After hours (21:30 – 08:30): 20,00€
One day. After the 25th rental hour, an additional day will be charged.
Incident Administration Fee
In case of an accident due to the renter’s liability, renter has the obligation to pay a non refundable fee of 15,00€ in order to cover administration expenses.
Administration Fee for fines
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental. In case the renter does not pay the fine(s) and ESCAPE intervenes to the procedure, there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 20,00€ additional to the fine’s cost.
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the renter is liable for following charges: 60,00€
Type Cost per day
Child seat (until 6 months) 3,00€
Child seat (from 6 months) 3,00€
Equipment are on request and available only after a reservation.
In case the renter returns the vehicle and it’s cabin has stains which require a special cleaning procedure (ie animal hair, sand etc on car seats or car floor or port baggage etc.), he will have to pay the amount of 80,00€
Ferrying the car
It is forbidden without an advanced written authorization from ESCAPE. In case of ferrying the car between Greek islands the renter has to return the car to the pick-up station, otherwise all transportation costs will be charged to the renter. In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the car transportation back to the mainland is at renter’s responsibility and for all expenses.
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he will have to contact the ESCAPE location from which he picked up the car in order to extend his Rental Agreement.
ESCAPE accepts the following credit cards: Visa, American Express, MasterCard.
All traffic fines resulting from violation of the Greek traffic law are for renter’s account.
Rates & Conditions may change without notice.
The Greek Courts of Law are responsible for resolving any problems or doubts of service that might occur.